Feudi di San Gregorio
Over the years, Feudi di San Gregorio has become the heart of a wider group of wineries, each with an independent structure but all sharing the same values: strong belief in the territory and in its local vine varieties, production of “contemporary” wines of the highest quality, and the company’s action focused on its clientele and its needs. This journey across Italian territories and different sized wineries each with its background is an exciting challenge we have set ourselves for the years to come.
Today, Feudi di San Gregorio is the winemaking brand symbolic of the South of Italy. A project constantly focused on the enhancement of our premium grape varieties, the ideal raw material for producing great wines.
The unconventional sparkling wine from an unexpected terroir.DUBL was born 20 years ago as the vision of creating a high-quality sparkling wine from indigenous grapesusing the traditional method in South Italy.A pioneer project driven bydedication, creativity and hard workwhile respecting the specificity of the terroir.
With Goleto and Gulielmus the Capaldo Family would like to celebrate the intimate relationship between the family and their homeland: Irpinia.
In the almost 10 years of research preceding the first “official” vintage of each wine, we challenged ourselves consistently every season, both in the vineyard and in the cellar. This is how these iconic wines were born, with our feet firmly on the ground and our eyes staring at the generations to come.
Created in 1992, in the space of a few years Basilisco became a southern Italian gem, thanks to the high standard achieved in the vineyard and in the cellar.
The winery practices organic farming and is located in Barile, the historical heart of the Aglianico region. Here winemaking and aging take place in tuff stone caves that have been used for vinification since 1400. The village, which stands at 600 m asl, is surrounded by vineyards and the stunning landscape of the Vulture volcano.
We produce the finest and most enjoyable wines from the best vineyards in terroirs with strong heritage and native grapes grown in the most sustainable manner.
Our “Love-brands” – speaking an unpretentious, dynamic and engaging language – establish a passionate, joyful and value-oriented (culture, sustainability, taste for beauty) relationship with our consumers.
Sustainability and values
Tranformation into Benefit Company
Since 10 May 2021 Feudi di San Gregorio is a Benefit Company. The objectives of common benefit pursued by the company have been identified as follows.
In particular, with the ultimate aim of safeguarding and promoting the natural environment, and the social and cultural heritage of the Irpinian territory and its community, Feudi di San Gregorio intend to pursue the following objectives:
- Encourage and stimulate the strengths expressed by all those who wish to generate value for Irpinia and its community with the aim of promoting a regenerative development model.
- Build an ever-growing interdependence with all our suppliers, in particular the wine growers/grape suppliers, through a constant heedful exchange of culture and know- how for the promotion and sharing of sustainable and circular practices.
- Promote cooperation and art projects as well as cultural events as a means of enriching and inspiring the community.
- Boost the value of all our employees so they can fully express their potential in the dynamic, serene and cohesive climate of a company that cares about their well-being, sense of belonging, motivation and satisfaction.
- Familiarise customers with the culture and values of the territory while fostering the positive conviviality that wine represents.
Transparency and company data
Consiglio di Amministrazione
- Dott. Antonio Capaldo, Presidente esecutivo
- Dott.ssa Cynzia Alvino, Consigliere
- Prof.ssa Giuseppina Capaldo, Consigliere
- Avv. Luciano Acciari, Consigliere
- Prof. Antonio Capaldo, Consigliere
- Dott. Massimo Terzulli, Consigliere
- Dott. Lelio Fornabaio, Presidente
- Dott.ssa Anna Porcelli, Sindaco
- Dott. Mauro Ferraro, Sindaco